How to make an Excellent Project
Most of the time, project starts but never completed 100% with in the given time and budget.
There could be few reasons:
- Client do not know what he/she want to get developed
- Business dept (who communicates with client) also do not know much about functionality and development
- Developer allocation without any assessment (developer level versus project level)
- TL/TTL/PM do not test carefully because they relay on developer’s testing
Need to follow few steps to make 100% completed projects with in the give time and budget:
- Requirement Gathering
- Collect all information what ever client is telling. After quick analysis make a questionnaire and sent to client. On reply from client. Mark questions which are still not in cleared form. Again ask to client about those marked questions but now give few possible solutions so if client haven’t getting the idea of question he/she can get from the solutions.
- Analysis and Design Document
- Make a deep analysis of all collected requirement and make a document and send to client for confirmation. At own end, make a formal SRS (software requirement specification) document with all required diagrams (scope of work, use cases, use case scenarios, conceptual database and application architecture.
- On client’s confirmation on document, make remaining diagrams (Class Diagram, Sequence Diagram and Logical Database diagram)
- Web Template and Working Prototype
- As per client suggestions, choose color scheme, and the skeleton (layout) of the home page and inner pages.
- First get approved home page and then make inner pages
- Show minimum 5 inner pages to get client in confidence
- Development (admin and front end)
- Start development from admin so client can start data insertion from admin panel
- Make a very extensive level admin panel so client feel happy to use. (all possible options of search on list pages and also statistics on admin home page)
- Testing should be at developer level. When developer said that a module completed its his/her responsibility that he/she have to completed testing completely in minimum 3 browsers (IE, FF, GC)
- After uploading on demo server, TL/TTL/PM should test once at least all modules
- After that, allow client to test application on demo server
- Take backup of code + database carefully
- Make new database user and name on client’s cpanel
- Change in configuration files as per new settings
- Upload the zip files of code and extract
- At least browse maximum functionality by your self and then allow client to test.
By using above steps, I developed a lot of projects and those are live on client’s server.