It was great morning of 28-Jul-2018 that I have been attending Public Speaking session organized by SEHER.
Session was planned to cover complex problem solving, communication, people management areas.
Rashid Warsi also shared 3 rules:
- Golden Rule: do whatever is as per your choice
- Platinum Rule: do whatever is as per your customer/client choice
- Double Platinum Rule; do whatever is good to add value
Moved to public speaking and shared ingredients for a public speaker
- 55% Body Language
- 38% Tone voice
- 7 % words
8 Steps to be Public Speaker
- Set a Purpose : First step is to define or set a purpose of the talk and related to that you need to do home work. Finally you will be having a purpose a motive to present that talk.
- Audience Research : Next step is to analyze the audience that which sort of, which age, which technology, which interest the audience have. Based on that speaker can add norms or examples to make his/her talk more interesting
- How to Think Idea : It is little bit tricky because its not easy but we all do from very beginning of our lives. We do write whatever is in our thoughts or in mind and then we talk with others to refine that. Sometimes we get positive feedback and we move to next step. Most of the time we get negative feedback and it could be the reason of discouragement.
- How to Start : Next step is to starting your talk and it is very important. Don’t start with false start or negative start. Try to start with truth or quote. It really effects positive on audience.
- Body of Speech : Should be simper to complex level, connects points so audience can easily understand, story telling, make interesting and reinforcement so audience attending talk can be motivated to do some positive actions
- Closing Speech : An important step so audience should be in same level of attending talk and should feel something learnt. No emergency exit or stops, Need to summarize the talk and share in 2,3 lines the actions to be done.
- Stage Fear : Yes that’s the part where mostly public speaker feel not good while they should be motivated, relaxed, prepared and be organized. One more thing is not only CAN DO attitude but DO IT attitude.
- Audience Engagement : It’s a bit difficult part but not impossible. Need to focus on Posture, Gesture, Eye Contact, tone of voice, volume, attire and yes smile is most important part
It was a great talk at end of the session by Arshad Warsi on influence.